This is my first work haul!

For those who don't know (which would be all of you since I A. never said anything about it and B. Literally just started yesterday) I work at Plato's Closet, a really cool consignment type store that both buys and sells lightly loved clothes, shoes, accessories. I've been selling to them since they opened a year ago (I'm sure they've given me at least $1k in offers between now and then) and have been buying from them since they opened as well. WHEN. I. TELL. YEW. THE AMOUNT. OF. DEALS. I'VE. FOUND. I know for a fact I've saved thousands of dollars shopping there. Another great thing about shopping there is that you can buy trendy items that you might pass on in their respective original stores- you can always resell it back to Plato's as long as it's clean, lightly used and still in style.

Working there hasn't stopped me from buying their items and to be honest, I don't think I ever will stop. Not when they're selling Citizens of Humanity jeans for $25 (THESE ARE LIKE $300 JEANS.). I plan on making these posts into a series of sorts, so you'll be able to see what I find/buy from there and how I style it with my own clothes. This haul is very small (Tomorrow's should be bigger) but I was too excited to post. In the future, I'll do them every week or two just so that they're bigger.

Anyway, today I picked up a Wilfred Free tee and a real cute Harlow cropped knit tank. The tee I've been looking for for awhile so I'm glad to have found it at Plato's (For $10 nonetheless!) and the knit top I've seen around a lot lately and I really like the style.

Wilfred Free (Aritzia) Tee $10 @ Plato's Closet,  American Apparel Satin Shorts,
Community Faux Leather Baseball Cap, Forever 21 Cross Body Bag
So I put this tee on hold yesterday and bought it today. I've been looking for this shirt for SOOO long, lurking Heels Over Head for it but no one posted it. Luckily I found it at work! This tee is super soft and will replace my (uglier) panther tee from Forever 21. Here I paired it with some satin shorts and a faux leather cap, makeup wise I'd probably go with a darkish red lippie to complement the greenish blue moon. This would also work with a side slit skirt. For F/W I plan on pairing it with my faux leather Daria leggings (also from Aritzia), my leather jacket and some cute ankle boots. I wish I had some over the knee boots to wear with this now though ;(.

Harlow Cropped Knit Tank, H&M Moto Sweater, Out from Under Knit Culottes (Urban Outfitters),
Wilfred Blanket Scarf

I found this suuuuper cute knit top today and I had to have it. I was going to get one anyway from Zara or something but listen. If I can find something of equal or greater quality for cheaper, ima get it cheaper. This knit top is a little tight on me but it hugs all the right areas, and zips up in the back. It looked a lot more pinkish in the store but now that I'm home, I'm seeing that it's more of a beige which is even better for me. For the photo I pared it with my super lax culottes and a sweater jacket (honestly I don't know what category it falls under) for the cooler summer nights/heavily air conditioned venues. The scarf is very lightweight and can be worn in either a warm or cool setting without making me sweat!

That concludes my first work haul! As I said, I'm probably going to do these either every week or every other week (depending on my bank account tbh) so check back around then for them. Also, follow Plato's Closet Scarborough on InstagramFacebook, and Twitter.  Check out their website here, and come in to trade your lightly loved stylish items for cash on the spot. Doesn't matter the season. If you see me there, please don't hesitate to say hello either!

No comments

Tell me.